These natural basswood frames are a great way to customize your space! Basswood is a soft, unfinished raw wood that can be used many different ways. Here are just a few creative ideas on how to use these frames:
- continue your acrylic or oil painting right onto the frame
- prime and paint a fun color or add a design
- cut up and glue on decorative papers
- woodburn a design into the frame
- whittle or carve the frame
Note: There is no finish on these frames at all. We do our best to make them as uniform as possible, however, there will be imperfections like lightly rough edges, small knots and the rails may vary in color. Although they can be used as is, these frames are really meant to be painted or covered.
FRAME WITH MATTING
• frame size: 11"x 14"
• 1.5" wide (face)
• 1" deep (side) - fits work up to 3/4" thick
• comes fully assembled
• off white matting (fits a 8"x10" - actual opening size 7.75" x 9.75")
• backing board
• saw tooth hanger